cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why SMARTY gone so crap with internet speeds?

Peto_Peter
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

AM have this **bleep** speeds can anyone help ??  I used to have 800meg real 500 meg now not even 5??? 

Peto_Peter_0-1682193494427.png

9 REPLIES 9

WelshPaul
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

There could be many reasons why you’re experiencing speed related issues, but the most likely one is congestion. Part of the problem (I think) is that Three are seeing more and more people using their network (via SMARTY iD Mobile etc) as a replacement for a home broadband connection. 

Thankfully I don’t have such an issue at my location: 

IMG_0693.png

I hope SMARTY (and Three) clamp down on use of 5G as a replacement for landline broadband. 
The SMARTY terms & conditions allow them to do so.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Are you saying that you had better speeds while on Smarty and in the same location?

If so, any chance there is a device problem?

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Peto_Peter  Please would you check your language on this public forum.

Peto_Peter
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

so what happened with speeds smarty crippled speeds?

@Peto_Peter  Did you check network status for your area?

If speeds are permanently not good in your area, unfortunately I don't think that the situation would be rectified within a month.

Peto_Peter
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

They need to improve 5G I have only 5G outdoor... not in indoor but when am in kitchen near window it has 5G same upstairs .. I put phone on windows and I have good 5G but it is annoying not to have phone next to me on table...

@Peto_Peter  Nobody ever guaranteed good 5G yet outdoors and indoors. You may find that things will improve once 3G is turned off and they can perhaps ramp up the masts.

Many customers would be very happy with a good 4G signal. Is it making much practical difference to things you need to download, or is it the principle?

IMG_0254.PNG