GlenHol_1955635
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I’m unfortunately unhappy with smarty mobile signal strength it’s not the best 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Firstly, it’s worth checking the network status page for the area. In some cases, the signal quality is affected by the building and so you should check if it is better in other areas nearby.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Is a weak signal something that's just started happening @GlenHol_1955635
Is this issue in one location, or everywhere?

ErolBar_1994804
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Same here with full signal on my router and in the city close to a mast I can only achiever 1.7 mbs, 5 g is not showing my phone too only 4 g 

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Firstly, it’s worth checking the network status page for the area. In some cases, the signal quality is affected by the building and so you should check if it is better in other areas nearby.

Swoosh56
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I have just signed up to Smarty and have  no signal at all, in London in my area - I can only use my phone if I am at home on WIFI. Ridiculous. Smarty have told me there is work on the mast in place  but speakign to neigbbours also on 3 this has been going on for a month.  I am getting 1 bar of signal for 4G and 5G in E9 Hackney

Hi @Swoosh56 You may have seen another post from someone in Hackney with the same issue. I'm sure that doesn't make you feel that much better, but at least it doesn't seem to be your phone.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Swoosh56 oops sorry! It was you on another thread!

Swoosh56
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Yep, afraid so!

RobCaul_1792669
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Yes me too I thought the three company was meant to be good ???

@RobCaul_1792669  That’s a rather sweeping statement I’m afraid. There will naturally be areas that have a weak signal - it happens with all networks. Signals can be blocked where there are large buildings or where the geography doesn’t help.

Smarty has been brilliant for me since I switched from EE to Smarty.

Surely you checked the coverage of Three in the areas where you live and work, rather than just blindly buying a Smarty SIM card ?