cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verification code from bank

Dbz22
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Verification codes from banks when shopping have not come through. Why? 

12 REPLIES 12

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

Have you checked that your number is showing correctly in the Settings on your phone? Do you get texts from other people without problem?

Has this always been a problem, or are you new to Smarty?

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

An issue with SMS is that delivery is not guaranteed @Dbz22. Normally SMS is reliable, but not always.

Recently I wasn't receiving my PayPal OTP verification messages, which normally arrive within a minute or two (usually quicker). Luckily PayPal allow you to choose another verification method. After 36-hours, I received the SMS messages from PayPal, which by that time were useless.

Occasionally there can be issues routing SMS messages, especially if dispatched from a bank’s computer system, via an SMS gateway, to a mobile network service provider.

measly1984
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Check the apn settings for your messages in your phone to make sure they are set correctly.

Problems with sending text messages | SMARTY Help Centre

The help article appears to be about problems sending messages, and doesn't seem to cover issues receiving text messages. 
🤔

AlexH
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Same problem, can't get verification codes from the bank or google

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@AlexH  Are you roaming in the EU by any chance?

Google verification codes normally do come through on Smarty when in the UK, that is why I ask.

As for banks, I agree with @JJP2 that some may be using short code and that could be a problem with smarty as they don't support it.

Did you ever sort this,

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Playing devil’s advocate, I wonder if these codes are coming from short codes, which Smarty do not currently support ?

WelshPaul
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

If you have recently ported a number it can take a few days for these messages to start working. 

LukaszM_2315548
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

the same issue, how to fix it? not getting text message from bank etc... can you help?

Did you ever sort this?

I had this problem, no verification code from Santander. My mobile phone installed an up date and suddenly I received all the missing verification codes obviously out of time.

Now I have no problems receiving the verification codes.