Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Text Message Problem

AndrewFe_600357
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi all, 

Is anyone having issues receiving text messages. ? My partner and I are both on the Smarty network and I'm not receiving messages. 

I'm using Oppo X5 Find Pro, my partner is on iPhone 13

6 REPLIES 6

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Hello @AndrewFe_600357 Have you just ported in your numbers? I am wondering whether your phones still 'remember' the random number allocated when you activated the sim.

If that's the case, you will need to change the details in the phone settings so that the phones 'know' their real numbers. and can 'answer' to a text arrival.

No Ive not ported over, I've been with smarty for the last 4 years ๐Ÿ™„

@AndrewFe_600357 In that case, firstly perhaps look at Network Status checker for your area. If there is still a problem, web chat with Support team to report it I think.

Both my partner and I are both on smarty and it's just me having the issues. 

Hey, if you can get in touch with our chat team we can look into this in greater detail, https://smarty.co.uk/contact and one of our advisors will be more than happy to help, available daily from 8am โ€“ 8pm.

@AndrewFe_600357 One other thought. Has your phone perhaps had a software upgrade? Is it possible that your number is no longer showing in the Settings? In that case, your phone would possibly not respond to messages sent to the real number.