Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

my local Mast location - Conflicting information

Michael-Neal
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Hi everyone.

Okay so for a few days now i have been managing with this solo and i have got quite far but now i have run into a little issue that makes no viable sense to me, so i was wondering if this can possibly be cleared up so i know exactly what tower im actually connected too, - My router is a Huawei LTE CPE B310 (unlocked) I am using Three's - Smarty Unlimited data package.

I plan on using an LTE Broadband Directional Outdoor External Antenna seeing as my SINR is Beyond words bad as of right now it dynamically switches between 3bd - 10db during the day, and of a night its max output is about 15db but i can get no higher.

I am in a rural location in the countryside so we have always had to deal with bad internet more notably from BT, so it was time to stop using ADSL 2.0 as BT had promised us for years now that we would eventually get Fiber here, and now it seems that is not going to happen. So my best bet was to stick with mobile/router, but overall yes with an extender more than likely mounted on the roof.

So the issue is as of now - what tower am i actually connected too, I have an app called "OpenSignal" that uses GPS and scans the network and states that the tower is just a few acres from me, it uses google maps to pinpoint accuracy and even provides directions.

I have the Cell ID of said tower which states that three is piggybacking off of an O2 Tower with the Cell Id of "6311166"
However.. The router is reporting that the Cell ID is completely different as it states
"109107"

So i am kinda confused as to how and what and where.. i am currently actually connected to, given a few factors i know im rural but the tower its claiming i am connected too is not that far away as in distance factor, i would hate to buy a directional only to get it up on the roof and aim it in the wrong direction thanks to conflicting information.. Any help on this matter would be excellent, Cheers.

1 REPLY 1

ramble
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

You'll probably get more assistance by posting this at https://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/