Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Mast Installation HU7 Postcode in Hull

Vip3r09
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

Hello.

I'v been monitoring a brand new mast installation near my home address which has recently come alive. It seems like it could be online however I'm not 100% sure. The cabinet is alive and lights are on the tower at the top. However unfortunately I'm unable to connect to the tower even though my device is literally right next to it. I'v tried 4G and 5G bands. The Cell ID isn't matching location of the mast from signal location software on my device. So it's possible it's isn't available just yet. Unless Smarty can confirm this information for me. I was hoping to run some network test before transition to a PAC transfer. Will keep you all posted though if I can get some data.

2 REPLIES 2

Vip3r09
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

The new 5G mast has finally gone live near me. Signal strength indoors between 2-4 bars. The best results received is this below. 

1000000678.jpg

I found my download speeds to be inconsistent at times and varied at times. I'v tried changing APN settings but nother really improved reliability. Unfortunately it isn't going to be enough to move over just as of yet. Few more tests using different devices is needed. I think may need to try someone who is using a flagship iPhone or Samsung device. 

GeorgiD_2458858
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The speed looks incrideble. I'm in HU3 near the stadium and the network is often congested. I'm experiencing the same data speed inconsistency. The speed is 0-1 mbps most of the time. After resetting netwotk settings it's getting faster, up to 20-30 mbps for a while.

I've read bad rumours about cell towers and the radiation they possibly emit tho...