cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swap number

ClaireL_2257325
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

When I requested a sim yesterday I had to enter my PAC number to swap over. Sim is activated but number not swapped. 

3 REPLIES 3

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@ClaireL_2257325,

Your phone may show a different number to the one you wanted to keep.  This is the SIMs original number, but your number can take 2 or so days to come through the swap process. You'll get an SMS/text confirming the swap has gone through.

If your friends/contacts call your original number, they should get through to your Smarty phone.  The only downside is if you phone somebody before the swap is complete, they'll see the SIM number and not know it's you. This will only last until the swap is complete.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@ClaireL_2257325 I'm assuming that you activated the sim first and then input your PAC to transfer.

If so, and you ordered the transfer before 5pm yesterday, ideally it should port over by 5pm today (next business day) - when you ordered, you should have been given a transfer date.

If you did not activate the sim first, we have seen problems where other customers did this. Effectively you are asking Smarty to transfer your number onto something that effectively does not yet exist as thesis is not activated.

if you do not have a transfer date on your order, I would start a web chat with Support Team and give a very clear timeline of what happened.

jassingh
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Yup as @Strandloper  says the porting process takes time to fully complete as the number has to be released from your old network. They say it's usually next day (unless you've chosen a specific date) but a few days can help things settle incase you start noticing something odd. In the meantime, the previous SIM should still work as normal. I've had my Smarty SIM for a month or so but I'm in the same boat today - submitted my PAC (from Vodafone) yesterday, and hopefully today it should all be migrated! 🤞

Just keep an eye out for a text and email confirming its all been done 👀