cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A34 5G wifi calling

Stan
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Just joined Smarty with my Samsung A34 5G dual sim.

Wifi calling works with both sims simultaneously and 5G on both simultaneously, one is on EE and the other is Smarty.

There does seem to be an issue with Smarty going onto wifi calling, it seems to prefer to use the cellular network if the signal is good. You can force this by going onto airplane mode and manually switching on wifi while airplane mode is still on, and wifi calling comes on instantly. Not the best, will see how it goes when my number is ported over and have a chance to use it properly. Just got to switch off my voicemail now.

3 REPLIES 3

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

I doubt this behaviour will change after switching your number to SMARTY, @Stan

The configuration profile provided, by EE, for your Samsung device will probably have an option to prefer WiFi Calling, when WiFi Calling is ENABLED. This option may not be available with the SMARTY network, @Stan.

You are correct, the prefer wifi calling option I had with the EE sim has gone with  Smarty. Although I do get a better cellular service now so it shouldn't be an issue.

The other issue I had when my number was ported was the phone number tied with the sim remained with the original number, but as others have done, I fitted the sim into an old iPhone 6 and went to conacts, and that has updated it.

It is a pity that Smarty don't implement the calling preference option between WiFi and the mobile network like other providers do.