Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan price increase

Nicole_309969
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Will there be price increases on plans? 
On previous networks I have took a plan out and say, two years later they start adding price increases, inflation etc. Is this something that can happen with Smarty or is the cost of the plan staying the same no matter how many years you stay with it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@Nicole_309969 Of course, we are just customers like you and so are not let into the thoughts of the chief bean-counters at Smarty (accountants). There have been some tweaks in price over the time I have been with them, but that often also involved more data for the increased price.

Realistically, I suppose that the price will need to go up at some point as the company's costs rise. So far, they still seem to represent good value as far as I can see.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@Nicole_309969 Of course, we are just customers like you and so are not let into the thoughts of the chief bean-counters at Smarty (accountants). There have been some tweaks in price over the time I have been with them, but that often also involved more data for the increased price.

Realistically, I suppose that the price will need to go up at some point as the company's costs rise. So far, they still seem to represent good value as far as I can see.

WelshPaul
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@Nicole_309969 wrote:

Will there be price increases on plans? 
On previous networks I have took a plan out and say, two years later they start adding price increases, inflation etc. Is this something that can happen with Smarty or is the cost of the plan staying the same no matter how many years you stay with it?

No, SMARTY plans are not subject to Consumer Price Index rate of inflation and so will not increase each April.

@WelshPaul  Given that each 'contract' is only one month long, then the price will certainly not increase by CPI.

I'm not sure that precludes price rises generally though. I think the only time a price will be guaranteed is if there is an offer for a monthly plan at a given price for up to some fixed period.

Decembersangel
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

Hi @Nicole_309969 👋
When I first joined SMARTY, 5 yrs ago, my plan was £7.50/mth with 2GB data and then credit was given against the next months bill for any data not used i.e. £1.25/GB credit (or part of it for any data used). So month on month I only pay £5 (I'm reclusive so I only have the data 'just in case'). A while back this plan was reduced to £7/mth with credit given at £1/GB for data not used so I still only pay £5/mth.
SMARTY does advertise no price increases, which I think is correct, but they do add new packages with different costings. As I have never been told my package is ending and I will have to move onto another I feel safe that I won't have to pay any more than I currently do and have done all this time. So, unless you want to change to a more suitable plan then the cost should stay the same. 👍

@Decembersangel Your £7 data discount plan is still on offer, so there should be no problem in buying that currently for any new customer.

For those who may use a bit more data, they can get 5Gb for £6 per month (no money back if they do not use it all) or the current special offer of £7 for 15Gb.

I think that the current market is quite competitive and so hopefully we should continue to see reasonable prices.

Any contact number 

@Palitha_2318432 Current available plans can be seen on the website.