cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 7 no setting for VoLTE

igbooo
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have a Pixel 7, which according to Three's website should have VoLTE support. However I don't have the setting where it should be (see here). Is there anything that can be done to get this setting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
9 REPLIES 9

igbooo
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have, my phone has support for 4G and 5G under preferred network type, iemi.info displays support for LTE-FDD 800, the Three compatibility tool says VoLTE is supported.

@igbooo  So are you saying that the phone will not work whichever of those you select?

igbooo
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The setting should appear as in this screenshot but it doesn't as seen here.

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Does 4G Calling not work with a SMARTY SIM in your Pixel handset, @igbooo

I don't think a VoLTE setting option is always presented in the handset settings app - it does seems to depend on the network profile the service provider is using for the handset. 

No it doesn't work, the screenshots that I've linked show the setting isn't even there. I did wonder if it was a carrier issue which is why I came here, but it seems a mystery 😕

Have you checked that it’s compatible on Smarty ? 

Although Smarty is owned by Three, you should check the compatibility with Smarty, just in case there are differences between the two networks. 

As far as I can tell from conversation with support agents, it should be. It'd make sense to as well given its a less than 2yr old Google flagship. As far as I can see there isn't a definitive list of what is supported by Smarty that isn't just listed in the above support article, which links to Three's compatibility tool.

Decembersangel
SMARTY Spark
SMARTY Spark

HI @igbooo 👋
Take a look at my post:-
https://community.smarty.co.uk/t5/chats-hacks/can-t-make-receive-calls-not-necessarily-a-network-pro...

If your phone is capable of VoLTE/WiFiCalling then it will probably be down to provider 'restricted/controlled' Firmware on your phone.
There is a fix for this, which is to 'Flash' your phone to an unbranded Firmware, but you have to do your homework.
Hope this helps x