cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old number has been ported but doesn't work

TimNorto_203775
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

after a delay of 5 days my number has now been ported and is showing in the smarty app but the phone is still showing the number as the original sim number and I can't phone on my number or send receive texts with it , yes I have unsuccessfully spoken to web chat ,turned it off and on again and reset ,this seams to be a common problem in the the community chat , is there a fix for it as nobody can call or text me !!!!!

its an iPhone 13 Pro ,web chat have told me its a problem with the phone and not the sim which is complete b.s. and I had to download special software from iTunes to reset it ?! can you believe that ????

seriously dose anyone have a solution ?

6 REPLIES 6

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

What number is showing in "Settings > Phone > My Number", @TimNorto_203775

If the number is not the number you wanted to keep, have you tried changing this settings option by entering the 'correct' number?

yes it just reverts back to the original sim number immediately 

Hey Tim - Sorry to hear you are having issues. 

Unfortunately, we're unable to access your account via our community platform. Could you please return to our web chat so we can look into this matter for you.

Thank you for you cooperation! 

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@TimNorto_203775 I am wondering whether you may have two separate issues here.

The first may be remedied with advice given by @Chalkychap . The phone often seems to 'remember' the number that the sim had when it was initially put into the phone; the answer is often to manually change it. This is indeed a very common issue and I don't feel it is the network's fault.

The fact that you cannot make any phone calls - I wonder if the port has not gone through properly. Can you receive calls?

If you cannot solve via web chat, then you may need to raise a complaint.

when manually changed the number immediately reverts back to the original sim number ,clearly the port has not gone through ,no I can't receive/make calls .text, data is not working ,yet smarty tell me everything has gone through correctly ,how is this not a network provider fault?

Did you get this solved? Going through the same myself. If you did solve, what helped?