cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number ported but SIM’s original number used by phone

Tor_2125430
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have joined Smarty and successfully ported my old number.  But the phone shows calls, texts and iMessages coming from the SIM card’s original number.

when I go to Settings > Phone > My number, I am able to change the number but when I click Save, it goes back to the original SIM’s number.

I have tried toggling off iMessage and FaceTime before toggling them back on.  Both only ever show the SIM’s original number both before and after toggling off/on.  They never show my real number that was ported in.

I have tried removing and reinserting the SIM with no luck and I have tried restarting the phone with no luck.

HELP PLEASE!

9 REPLIES 9

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Hi @Tor_2125430 ,

From your post, I understand you have an iPhone.  Can you let us know which model you have?

I'm not en expert with iPhones, but knowing the model will probably help those on the forum that know more than I, to give you a fuller answer

iPhone 13 Mini with iOS 16.5.1

Try a NETWORK RESET on your iPhone Mini @Tor_2125430

This will often fix issues like this, and I believe it's what SMARTY support pages advise you to do. 

The iOS user guide for 16.5 should explain how to do this.
🤞 

Chalkychap_0-1690277619518.png

Bless your cotton socks for this info - it was driving me crazy! Thank you!

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Tor_2125430  I would try Settings>Phone> My Number and manually correct it.

HelenBu_2234836
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I’ve just managed to fix this issue by deregistering the number from iMessage and FaceTime. It’s in settings in your Apple ID. 

@HelenBu_2234836  Yes, that is one other way to do it - glad it worked at last!

JohnCha_2203307
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I have exactly the same problem but using an Android Samsung Galaxy A54. I would be grateful for help on this, thanks.

@JohnCha_2203307  Although not an Android follower, I would suggest checking in the phone settings to see what number it thinks it has.