cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number port delayed

Richard_2113022
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I switched from O2 (started the porting process) on the 15th June, (10 working days ago) and as of today still waiting. i can make calls and send texts and it shows up as my number (not the temp number) however i cannot recieve either texts or calls. Can anyone offer some comfort it will eventually get sorted?? i have started a complaint with Ofcom and will update if they offered any assistance. i have had this number for 20+ years as both business and private and i am very concerned i will loose it.

8 REPLIES 8

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Hello @Richard_2113022  It does sound as if your number has at least partially ported over to Smarty because you say that it shows correctly in your account dashboard.

Have you taken this up via web chat with Support Team? Is that has not resolved the issue, have you raised it as a complaint? I think that OfCom will not get involved until your network have had a chance to look into the issue; it nay be down to your previous network not co-operating appropriately of course.

You should also be aware that Smarty currently do not offer accounts for business - see T&C's, so probably not worth mentioning that bit.

Hi @MSF  i agree, half of it seems to have worked although i cant see my number in the dahboard and simply only says my number is still being transferred... and "i can still use my your number with your current provider until it has been tranferred" which i cannot. my old O2 account is dead and completly disapeared from my o2 login. i have been liaising with Smarty customer services since the days after registration, when it hadnt gone through in 24 hours. No one has mentioned compensation either. 

Update on Ofcom... Whilst Ofcom dont get involved Ombudsman Service do and they will be taking it up shortly.

@Richard_2113022 My misunderstanding, apologies! I thought your correct number was showing in your dashboard - you said " it shows up as my number (not the temp number)".

I think this sounds like a 'split port' as Smarty seem to have partial control of your real number.

Concerning Ombudsman services, from experience, they require a 'letter of deadlock' or something similar showing that the provider is not prepared to help you any further with your complaint within a reasonable timescale. They then look at the level of service that it was reasonable for you to expect and make their findings.

Snap! very frustrating, has anyone actually managed to get this situation sorted?

@MoiraMu_2165682  This does happen from time to time unfortunately, but usually gets resolved as far as I know. All very frustrating admittedly.

I was told technical issues recently by Smarty support agents. See my whole thread for details: https://community.smarty.co.uk/t5/chats-hacks/port-in-delay/td-p/11355

Hope you get your own port sorted out soon.

MoiraMu_2165682
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Number transfer split port did get sorted albeit 17 days after the scheduled date. Compensated also - I guess if you are in this situation it depends on how long you are prepared to give it.

@MoiraMu_2165682  Good to hear that it has finally been sorted for you!