cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail after ios17

SteveEd_1082585
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Updated to ios17 on iPhone, mostly seems to work fine but… my voicemail icon now shows 3 voicemails, can’t access by clicking on the ‘3’ icon and just have a message as below. Is there a carrier update that can be supplied? I know Live voicemail is not currently available in UK and have tried switching to US region, where it does show but still get the 3 voicemails icon and call your service provider for assistance message, so my phone is back in UK region. 

SteveEd_1082585_0-1692361592946.png

5 REPLIES 5

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

The latest official stable iOS release is 16.6 

iOS 17 is only available as a beta download, which is more than likely why you are experiencing the issue that you are, as iOS 17 is not yet a stable release available to the public at large.

Tryong to switch to the US Region in an attempt to get live / visual voicemail will not achieve anything - Not only do Smarty currently not support live / visual voicemail, they are of course a UK based mobile phone company. 

WelshPaul
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Live Voicemail is a new feature of iOS 17 and doesn’t require network support unlike visual voicemail @JJP2. It’s not available in all regions though.

Why @SteveEd_1082585 @decided to seek support from a network with regards to an issue encountered running beta software is beyond me though! 

I was hoping someone else had done the same and had a genuine solution. Not to worry - Thanks, I think. 

You'd be better off posting about it over on the MacRumors forum. They have a dedicated thread for iOS 17 beta 6.

Thanks, I understand it’s a beta download. Live voicemail does appear if you switch to US region, so I switched it off. But the 3 count for voicemails still remain. I’ll try and downgrade back to 16.6. I was hoping someone else had done the same and had a genuine solution. Not to worry - Thanks for your response.