cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number not transferred

GeoffKi_2202525
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I’ve been waiting 5 days for my old number to go to Smarty but according to them there’s a problem 

how long should I have to wait I’m still paying but I can’t use the sim as it’s the wrong number!!!!

4 REPLIES 4

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@GeoffKi_2202525,

It may be worth contacting a Smarty agent (through Webchat) again, raising the problem of it being 5 days since requesting the number transfer.  From the sounds of it you requested the transfer on Monday or Tuesday.

Ask for a specific reason for the delay, they normally take about 2 days to port the number.

If this doesn't work consider raising a complaint and you may be eligible for some compensation.

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@GeoffKi_2202525,

@JJP2 has provided a good answer on you other post

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@GeoffKi_2202525  While I concede that not having your correct number is inconvenient, this does not actually prevent you using the sim totally - provided that the randomly allocated number shows on your account dashboard.

You can make calls and send texts but your contacts may not recognise that it is you.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@GeoffKi_2202525  It may well be that the problem is not down to Smarty and, if you find that it is your old network letting you down with the transfer, you could ask them to compensate you.