cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network status?

EugeneG_2074137
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Have just switched my phone to Smarty as I have another Smarty sim card to stream things on my tv.  Yesterday was my first day with Smarty on my phone and after about 10 minutes the network went down: the explanation being that they were doing work on the masts so no service at all on the phone but all was well on my Smarty wifi!  The network went down again this morning and is currently not working on the phone but the wifi (using my other smarty sim) is working well enough to stream movies!  If this continues......

8 REPLIES 8

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@EugeneG_2074137  All sounds very strange. Are you sure the phone is working correctly and that the sim is properly seated in it?

Very sure!  Phone is working properly:

1. The smarty sim (in my phone) works fine but from time to time which coincides with a reported fault.

2.  Mine is a dual sim card phone and the other sim card (different company) has been active throughout as has my other smarty sim!

Finally in between the time of my first post the phone smarty sim card has been on and off without my doing anything to either phone or phone sim cards (both).

Also my phone was working fine with the Plusnet sim card that was in there  before this smarty sim.

So, as far as I can see, the problem is a very peculiar problem with the network.

@EugeneG_2074137  After a quick visit to Mr Google, is it a Samsung? Apparently a number of phones do struggle connecting to two networks https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s22-series/dual-sim-problem/td-p/6882750

No, it's a One Plus and I've never had a problem connecting and have had several different networks .

You might want to look at the network rather than my phone, my inability to properly insert the sim card, etc.  

@EugeneG_2074137  I won’t be looking at the network as I don’t work for Smarty or 3. I am simply a forum member like you and trying to offer suggestions. You can try a web chat with support team to see if they can offer anything else.

You say that the sim in your other device continues to work fine, so it doesn’t look like a local mast issue then.

Smarty reports a problem with the masts at the same time as my phone smarty sim doesn't work while the wifi smarty does!  Guess I'll just have to look elsewhere...  Thank you for your suggestions.

@EugeneG_2074137  Sorry, no further ideas. Maybe it’s just not happy if one sim is connecting to 3 network then.