cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Network congestion

ubdai66
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Network congestion, what exactly does it mean and how long do engineers need to fix/improve things. Smarty network in CM19 has been unusable since Tuesday AM, my router cannot get a connection and constantly reboots itself.

Help line/chat not really much they can do in my opinion, especially if based in India (which I think they are). 

6 REPLIES 6

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@ubdai66  It simply means that more traffic is going through the mast than it can handle. 
Consider as an analogy if 20 kids were connected to your home broadband all trying to stream music, films etc at the same time. Your network would be congested and would have insufficient bandwidth to cope with the information exchange required. I am pretty sure itโ€™s the same with masts but on a larger scale. Iโ€™m no mast engineer, but I guess they can tweak things to upgrade a mast to some extent - like getting the faster broadband speed to your home setup maybe?

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Have you used the network status checker at your location @ubdai66?

Do this online at https://smarty.co.uk/network-status-checker.

Yes. Do every hour to see if any improvement on the congestion front. No change since Tuesday AM.

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Does the network status look similar to the screenshot below @ubdai66

Chalkychap_0-1689771871884.png

Yep.

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Okay @ubdai66, at my location this status has been on display for nearly 12-months now.

The web chat may be able to verify this, but I'd suspect Three UK are working on their backhaul network at your location.

I think Three are working on this UK wide because they need to prepare their network infrastructure for increased backhaul traffic with the upcoming 3G switch-off, and the related increase in 4G VoLTE network traffic. 

Until Three UK finish upgrading, you might've a case for some goodwill credit.