Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY NEW SMARTY SIM NOT WORKING

Kingsle_2136321
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Hi,

I just received my new smarty sim yesterday and I have activated it but it is not working.
Also, I have turned off my device and turned it back on but it did not work.

However, I was using Three network before now but I terminated my contract with them due to poor Network coverage but I noticed that 3 UK is still showing as my mobile network even after inserting my Smarty sim. 

I have tried to request for PAC but my former network provider, Three barred the line so I can not even get through to them.

Please how do I resolve this issue.

4 REPLIES 4

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Hello @Kingsle_2136321  If you closed off your old account before requesting a PAC code, that may explain why the number is not porting over.

I should also mention that Smarty runs on the Three network, so your local coverage is unlikely to be much better.

Thirdly, I would advise against posting any personal information on a public forum like this.

Finally, you could try a web chat with the Support Team, but I really wonder if they will be able to do anything about this situation.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Kingsle_2136321  Is your new random number showing on your dashboard? If so, then the sim has been correctly activated. Again, if you do not have any service, it may be because the signal (from Three) is poor where you live.

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

If you have poor network coverage with Three, you will have poor network coverage with Smarty, as Smarty is owned by Three, so uses the Three network.

Surprised you didnt check this before getting a Smarty SIM card.

Start a webchat with Smarty. @Rebekah_150 may be able to help.

Rebekah_150
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey  Kingsle_2136321,

Are you able to use any of the services, if you are the sim will have been activated and  MSF

is correct if you didn't receive a PAC before closing the account or use it within the 30 days this will be why your number has not transfer. if you would like our team to assist you directly you can contact our chat team, https://smarty.co.uk/contact and one of our advisors will be more than happy to help, available daily from 8am – 8pm.

I hope that helps