cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Just order another sim but don't wish to activate it straight away

Shipoftheline
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Does anyone know how long I can leave it, I don't need it for a month but order today as I've heard it can (not all the time) take a while to arrive

15 REPLIES 15

Decembersangel
SMARTY Spark
SMARTY Spark

Hi @Shipoftheline ๐Ÿ‘‹
You don't say why you ordered a new SIM ๐Ÿค”
If it is a replacement SIM for an account /number you already have then it will just need to be 'activated'  but just be aware that your account will be frozen until it is. I think as long as your bill is still being paid it will be OK. I don't know if there is a 'time limit' to activate a replacement SIM as most people do it straight away (as they have lost their phone or it has been stolen). It may be worth asking on the on-line chat.
If you ordered this SIM with regards to switching from another provider you will have 30 days to activate it once a PAC/SAC code has been supplied from your old provider. If it is more than 30 days before you redeem that PAC/STAC code then you will then need to ask to be supplied with another to activate the SIM/swap over.

Shipoftheline
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

No staff around, its a simple enough question, as stated I have a month left on with my current provider so want to leave this activation until then

Decembersangel
SMARTY Spark
SMARTY Spark

Actually @Shipoftheline you didn't make any of those details clear in your initial post and that is why I asked.
As you are swapping providers then just wait until closer to the end of your contract and request a PAC code (to keep your number or request a STAC code to be supplied with a new one) from your current provider and then redeem it when you want your service to swap over. PAC codes have a 30 day time limit and so it needs to be used within that time frame. If not you will need to request a new one but you will still be connected to your current provider, and paying for their service, until it is used to move over.
Moving over to SMARTY should take 1 to 2 working days once the code is activated.

Ok smarty I'll cancel this I don't wish to be a customer that has losses like this who have no lives but wish to interfere with others

@Defiant1337  You are not writing to Smarty here-this is a member forum and we donโ€™t work for them 

Yes I worked out its for people with no life who spend the day here pretending they are something rather than just getting a life, very sad perhaps one day ๐Ÿ™„

@Shipoftheline  Do you now realise why you don't get a lot of help?

Decembersangel
SMARTY Spark
SMARTY Spark

Oh dear! I think @Shipoftheline has his tighty whities in a bunch ๐Ÿคฃ!
And where the hell did @Defiant1337 pop up from or is this @Shipoftheline 2nd personality who is just as 'pleasant'?? ๐Ÿค”
Just can't help some people because it's ALWAYS others who are the problem ๐Ÿ™„

See this if the problem with this forum it attracts losers who think they can be something by interfering with issues nothing to do with them and they can't even read what's been said, loser 

@Defiant1337  Some of us may well be losers as you suggest, but we aren't the ones with the problems you see!

Oh I got it sorted by the staff the people who know unlike you guys ๐Ÿ™„

@Defiant1337 Then why on earth did you waste your time (and ours) by asking?

Still, at least you'll know not to bother next time you want help ๐Ÿ˜‰

You lot wasted your own time here I was expecting staff to deal with customer issues not๐Ÿคฌ

Enjoy your life here doing this ๐Ÿ™„

@Defiant1337  Ah, I see! You didn't understand that the Community Forum involved members of a community who try to help others who pose genuine requests for help.

Yep, an easy mistake to make. I seem to manage to help a load of people on here, but still manage to meet a few rude ones. C'est la vie! Goodbye!

Hate to tell you this but your not staff so can't, even the one I spoke to had to check..... Seriously get a life