Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Consistent 3g signal

BarryGr_2812021
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi

Yesterday I switched to smarty to take advantage of an unlimited data plan. As soon as my sim was activated I was only getting a 3g signal with a download speed of approximately 6 mbps.

This morning when I contacted customer services via the chat facility & almost immediately after connecting to an agent the 3g signal mysteriously reverted to a 5g signal. Which is odd because 5g isn't avaliable in my area.

My partner has a monthly contract with three and gets a consistent 4g signal, it never drops to 3g. We both have the same device the Sony xperia 1 vi

The advisor advised me that there was maintenance works ongoing in my area. 

Why didn't it affect my partners data signal. I even popped the sim card into her phone and was greeted with a 3g signal.

Anyway.

After the chat was disconnected the data signal reverted back to 3g.

Right now I'm waiting to chat with an agent and my signal reverts back to 5g & shifts to 4g every now and then. 

The agent tells me the exact same thing as I was advised this morning. There is unplanned maintenence works ongoing in my area.

I am starting to believe that once your connection with a smarty agent is established the 3g signal reverts to either 4g or 5g. And then once the chat with the agent is disconnected the signal reverts back to 3g. This has happened twice today so far. And it's just far too much of a coincidence.

Can anyone explain what on earth is going on here. As its driving me nuts. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

No matter where I go, if its outside. Round the corner. Down the street. Drive a few miles away a 3g connection is all get. I tried resetting network settings, restarting my device. Taking the sim card out for 10 minutes.. Turned & turned off airplane mode. It just won't connect to a 4g network. Unless of course I request to chat to a smarty agent.

0 REPLIES 0