cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

iPhone not ringing when making or receiving a call

DARRENM_1650159
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I've just set up my Mom's iPhone 5c with SMARTY as part of a Group.

The SIM is now activated and the iphone received a confirmation message from SMARTY.

The iphone has the latest software. When I phone my Mom's iphone, her phone doesn't ring and there's a message saying the number is busy and to leave a message.

When I use her phone to call me, her phone is silent and not making a call.

Please Help?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

SmartyTrousers
SMARTY Spark
SMARTY Spark

Smarty's help pages say that the iPhone 6 and above is compatible with their 4G calling, so I would guess the 5C isn't.

View solution in original post

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru
5 REPLIES 5

Linsey
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hi Darren, 

We are sorry to hear this. Is your mother able to utilise data and send and receive SMS messages?

The 3G network may have been switched off in her area. You can easily check that here: Coverage checker | SMARTY

I would ensure that 4G calling is enabled in her device settings. 

1. Go to โ€˜Settingsโ€™ on your iPhone

2. Tap on โ€˜Mobile Dataโ€™

3. Tap on โ€˜Mobile Data Optionsโ€™

4. Tap on โ€˜Voice & Dataโ€™

Sometimes a network reset can help resolve issues like this.

1. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Be aware this will also reset Wi-Fi passwords.

If none of these methods are successful, please test the SIM card in a different device to determine if the issue continues. Should the SIM card function properly in another device, this would suggest a problem with the original device. Conversely, if the issue persists, it may indicate a problem with the SIM card or the network.

Feel free to reach out to our care team anytimeโ€”weโ€™d love to take a closer look and help you out: Contact us - FAQ | SMARTY.

She's getting a more up to date phone.

Thanks.

SmartyTrousers
SMARTY Spark
SMARTY Spark

Smarty's help pages say that the iPhone 6 and above is compatible with their 4G calling, so I would guess the 5C isn't.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@DARRENM_1650159  This help article may make it clearer: https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/8985136-checking-if-your-device-is-4g-volte-compatible

As @SmartyTrousers says, your 5c may not be compatible.

WelshPaul
SMARTY Centurion
SMARTY Centurion

iPhone 5C does not have VoLTE. It cannot be used with SMARTY to make or receive calls.