cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I can't make or receive calls incoming calls go to voicemail

EdwinP_2040195
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I am a new customer I have activated ny Sim only deal and all was good yesterday but today  nothing works other tan \I can receive Texts

can you help, please? Is the service down?

Edwin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Hi @EdwinP_2040195 . Have you tried the Network Status checker for your area? https://smarty.co.uk/network-status-checker

This may give you some useful info.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Hi @EdwinP_2040195 . Have you tried the Network Status checker for your area? https://smarty.co.uk/network-status-checker

This may give you some useful info.

I have been contacted by an agent saying that its a temporary transmitter fault but its already been more than 24 hours without service . I have been a customer for less than 1 week - very disappointed and I cant wait much longer as cant receive credit card security codes from online purchases or any other organisations including Medical professionals that use this for personal communications- I have recently been discharged from hospital - cant go on like this so will be researching for a change of provider which is very annoying and inconvenient . LET THIS BE A WARRNING TO OTHERS THINKING OF JOINING SMARTY!!!!

@EdwinP_2040195 I'm pleased that at least you were contacted with an explanation.

The security verification codes is another issue. It does seem to depend upon the bank/credit card company and what system they use. I think that perhaps some of them use third parties to send messages and/ or short codes and this is the issue since Smarty currently does not support that (they say it is something for the future!).

Personally, I have never experienced the problem, but I can understand that it will be a game changer for customers like you who cannot receive important messages. I hope you can soon find another provider without the issue and offering similar value.

Having a low cost service is not helpful if you cant use it!!! I am prepared to pay more for a reliable service I have to say that with previous service providers I have not had this issue previously.