cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you run two SIMs off the same, original account

mm_2206805
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I have a spare SIM and would like to run it off my original account simultaneously - i.e. two different devices running off the same account at the same time. The nearest I can see is a Group SIM but that involves activating the second SIM and that involves paying for a price plan upfront. But I don't want to double my expenditure. I want to run ONE price plane with two different SIMs. How do I do that please ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

This is the Smarty Community Forum, we are Smarty users, just like yourself. We do not work for Smarty.

What you are asking / hoping to do is impossible on any network, not just Smarty. What you are essentially asking for is a free service on a second SIM, and no mobile company will offer that. You can get a second SIM quite cheaply, depending on the amount of data you require, but you will have to pay for that second SIM / service. 

What you would have to do is indeed set up a group plan, which would give you a 10% discount on each SIM. You would need to use a different email address for each account too.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

This is the Smarty Community Forum, we are Smarty users, just like yourself. We do not work for Smarty.

What you are asking / hoping to do is impossible on any network, not just Smarty. What you are essentially asking for is a free service on a second SIM, and no mobile company will offer that. You can get a second SIM quite cheaply, depending on the amount of data you require, but you will have to pay for that second SIM / service. 

What you would have to do is indeed set up a group plan, which would give you a 10% discount on each SIM. You would need to use a different email address for each account too.

Not really

I would still be using the same amount of data without having to transfer tiny SIM cards from device to device without losing them. Alternatively, could you have the same phone number on two different SIMs ?  It seems unnecessary to have to buy two SIM cards, doubling the price, simply to use it on different devices. Some of us are on a very tight budget.

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

What do you mean by “not really” ?

You posed a question, I gave you the answer. It’s still the answer, whether it’s the answer you want to hear or not.

No, there is no  mobile network that offers the ability to use the same number on more than one SIM card

There is a cost of living crisis going on, everyone is on a tight budget.

As I stated originally, this is the Smarty community forum of Smarty customers. None of us work for Smarty. You are of course welcome to contact Smarty staff by webchat, but they won’t be able to tell you anything different than I have. If they do tell you how to use multiple SIMs on one account, of which there is about as much chance as Anne Widdecombe conceiving triplets with the pope, do come back and tell us how you do it, so we can all do it .

Another option is to go into a physical store of 3, O2, EE and Vodafone and ask your question. They will tell you it’s not possible. They may also laugh, but possibly not.

Whsts the pint of switching a SIM from one device to another ? You surely use the device your SIM is in, and, if you have another device, use Wi-Fi ? 

I don't have Wifi at home