Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group plan topping up

HenmanD_2224179
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Hi,

I've got a group plan setup with multiple members, we've had some issues with using the same card more than 3 or so times (currently with chat support apparently, 24 hours passed and currently no luck), and we're in need of getting our sims back up and running. I'm curious whether you would only need to top up the group owner account, or each individual account in order to get all sim cards back online?

Kind regards,

2 REPLIES 2

jassingh
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

As far as I have read on how these plans work, it is the 'group' owner who pays for all numbers attached to the group since the whole benefit of the grouping is that billing is consolidated (a bit like a Spotify family subscription). This allows you to manage your account + linked accounts easily. This is assuming that you pay directly via credit/debit card - not entirely sure how it works with manual top up (paypoint?)

Have you had any luck in contacting web chat about this since they may be able to pin point the exact problem for you? 

JodieC
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey @HenmanD_2224179 

The group owner has control over all the payments for each group member. You need to pay for each SIM individually to renew the plans rather than make 1 single payment towards the group owner plan to activate all SIMS. 

On your SMARTY app, you will have the option to view each member account, whilst viewing this, you will have the option renew each plan by making a manual payment.

Follow this link for additional information - How will payments work if I’m in a Group? | SMARTY Help Centre