cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group Owner - Change SIM Number

Smoothy
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Any update on when we will be able to change the Group Owner details?

As a Group Owner, my associated SIM number is now unused however I still use my 'nickname' SIM as a Group Member. I would like to change the Owner SIM to my nickname one. Seems like a logical thing to be able to do. 

3 REPLIES 3

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Smoothy  Nothing new showing, as far as I can see. You would need to 'unwind' the group and then the owner can leave. https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/3408171-how-do-i-remove-a-member-from-my-group-plan

Linsey
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey @Smoothy 🙌

Thank you for reaching out to our SMARTY community forum. 

Unfortunately, it is not possible to make a Nickname SIM a Group Owner. This is stated on our SMARTY support page. Please refer to the following link:

What is a Nickname SIM?

Our support page states:

• A Nickname SIM can only be managed by via the Group Owner account
  • Group ownership cannot be transferred from the owner to the member (Nickname SIM)
  • The option to add a separate email address or remove a Nickname SIM isn't possible

I apologise if this causes any frustration however, at this time, we are unable to fulfill your request. 

We love hearing from our customers and welcome all feedback! Your satisfaction is our top priority, and we truly value your input. We are constantly striving to improve and appreciate your thoughts on how we can do better.

Please let me know if you require additional information.

- Linsey

Hi, can I propose a change/improvement to your system to make this possible  (Group Owner change)? Thanks