cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EU Roaming, no internet

SeanFre_2217271
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have no Internet access via mobile network in Europe but can make international calls. I have set up the APN as recommended by smarty but still have no luck.

Any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@SeanFre_2217271 

A couple of possibilities come to mind.

1. Have you already roamed using 12Gb of data? That's the limit and you would need to buy a 1 or 3 day EU data roaming pass to continue.

2. You may not have a good signal from the network you have linked to. Try disabling the auto-network function and manually link to those that become available until you find a decent one.

3. Signal may not be great for data where you are.

Thanks for the reply.

1. I haven't been able to use any of the 14gb allowance

2. Signal shows 4 bars with an "R" above it. Same result whether automatically or manually selected operator network.

3. I'm in the centre of Aachen, Germany so would expect good signal in a city.

Have you enabled data roaming on your phone ?

Screenshot below is for iPhone. If on Android, it will be in your settings 

IMG_0855.jpeg

So it's not Working in Germany I mean we can't use Internet in Europe by using this sim?

@Muhamma_2584577  You should certainly be able to use up to 12Gb of data while EU Roaming - you are also limited to 60 days of EU Roaming.

Try a manual search of available networks on the phone and then try each in turn.

Thanku Sooo Much for this help❤️

Actually I'm going to Europe and I'm worried that do I will be able to use Internet with my this smarty package or not.

@Muhamma_2584577  Oh, I see!! Yes, you can use your package in EU countries. Calls and texts plus up to 12GB of your data.

It would be useful to take a look at the Smarty Price Guide: https://cdn.smarty.co.uk/files/SMARTY-Price-Guide.pdf?_gl=1*a3mp3n*_ga*MTcxMTQ2NjYwOS4xNzIyMjQxNTE2*....

Pages 17 to 20 cover all you should need.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Muhamma_2584577  Also, don't forget to make the necessary changes to your Settings before you go: https://community.smarty.co.uk/t5/help-videos/bg-p/help-videos

(Videos for Android and Apple devices there)