cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Number being used as spam calls

JacquiS_2678724
SMARTY Livewire
SMARTY Livewire

Hey, I'm a relatively new SMARTY customer and yesterday my daughter (who the account is for) had a really aggressive call from a lady saying that her number had been used to call her from HMRC (as a scam call). She told me she had reported the number as spam. I've since blocked this lady's number on my daughter's phone but obviously I'm concerned her number is somehow being used inadvertently somewhere else. I've googled the number and nothing comes up - has anyone else had this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SmartyTrousers
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

Unfortunately, scam callers have the facility to set their caller ID as whatever they want, so they have probably just picked a random UK mobile number as their caller ID, that just happens to be your daughter's. Rest assured the calls will not really be originating from your daughter's Smarty account.

I once had someone insisting I'd called her from my work number, and demanding to know my name. I told her my name was none of her business as I definitely hadn't called her.

I know it's not ideal, but if your daughter continues getting more calls like this, you can contact Smarty support and I'm sure they'd be able to give her a new number for free.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

SmartyTrousers
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

Unfortunately, scam callers have the facility to set their caller ID as whatever they want, so they have probably just picked a random UK mobile number as their caller ID, that just happens to be your daughter's. Rest assured the calls will not really be originating from your daughter's Smarty account.

I once had someone insisting I'd called her from my work number, and demanding to know my name. I told her my name was none of her business as I definitely hadn't called her.

I know it's not ideal, but if your daughter continues getting more calls like this, you can contact Smarty support and I'm sure they'd be able to give her a new number for free.

@JacquiS_2678724 @SmartyTrousers  Smarty can definitely assign a new number to a customer if they persistently have problems like this. It is best to web chat with Smarty Support and clearly explain the problem.