cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Entering a competition by text

NigelGi_2281539
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Hello, how can I enter a competition by text? When I try to text the 5 digit competition text line and the data required the text will not send, any advice welcome. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Decembersangel
SMARTY Spark
SMARTY Spark

Hi @NigelGi_2281539 ๐Ÿ‘‹
Unfortunately SMARTY Mobile does not support the use of any short code number (competitions, companies, doctors etc). This is has been an ongoing point of contention for a long time now with customers as many companies etc now use short codes for contact.
SMARTY has been saying for a very long time that 'they are working on it' and maybe they are but there is no evidence of it coming to fruition any time soon. 
Maybe when customers start leaving in droves, because short codes become the 'norm' for all and any contact, SMARTY will actually get their thumb out of their ๐Ÿ‘ and REALLY do something about it.
Hope this helps! x x x 

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@NigelGi_2281539  You will see quite a number of threads on exactly this subject. Smarty currently does not support texts to 5 digit numbers - short code texts.

Jonathan_193810
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Iโ€™m now facing this issue for free services using these short code numbers. My GP and financial services use these numbers and Iโ€™m now stuck replying to them. I have to ring them which takes 40miutes instead of 2-3 seconds.  As it looks like Smarty are incapable of providing this service I will be looking for Black Friday deals this weekend. 

@Jonathan_193810  Unfortunately, Smarty haven't yet decided to add this feature. It does seem to be an issue for a number of customers and I agree that there seems little option but to leave and find a network that does allow these texts if you are affected.

So far, this has not been as issue for me, but I can certainly appreciate the problem.

I have previously suggested that once the algorithm used by the bean counters shows that they are losing more customers than they are (or could) gain, then they may balance that against the cost of supporting the service.