cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

Patrick_1897335
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Hi - I've just come over to Smarty from sky, and I'm amazed about how much data it says I've used. 5GB in 24 hrs and I've hardly used it! I used to use 4GB over a month before. I don't understand how it's calculated my usage. 

Can any one help with this? 

Thanks 

8 REPLIES 8

Chalkychap
SMARTY Major Player
SMARTY Major Player

You'll need to ask the SMARTY web chat team to assist with this @Patrick_1897335.
Your account information isn't accessible from this community.

Contact the web chat team at https://smarty.co.uk/contact - agents are available from 8am-8pm, 7 days a week.

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

As @Chalkychap says in order to check.

When you look at your dashboard, how much data is LEFT in your package - does that equal the original package minus what they tell you has been used?

Have you by any chance been doing speed tests? I noticed that Speedtest.net seems to guzzle a lot of data when I checked the speed once I was on 5G.

jemstone350
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Similar problem,used 2MB in 3/4 hours connected to a mobile router, despite constantly checking my dashboard which still shows nothing used at all, email from SMARTY says £5 2MB all gone??

2MB or 2GB in 45 minutes?

Are you using Smarty outside the EU? (The fact that your money has all gone suggests that you had an add on credit maybe?)

If so, in some countries the charge for data is £1 per Mb and in others it is £5 per Mb - please see the Price Guide if that is the case.

Wayno123
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Only just joined and I'll think I'll leave again, was originally with 02 on a 60gb data package and was only averaging 13 ish gb a month usage.

Joined here and went for a 15gb deal, I'm 2 weeks in and I'm close to running out. Something is very wrong 

@Wayno123  Have you looked at your data usage in your Account Dashboard? Are you sure that your device has not completed any large update?

WelshPaul
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

What handset do you have? Your device will tell you how much data you have used and what apps used what.