cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data connectivity terrible currently

MarkWade_210225
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I don't know if it is a capacity issue with the local mast or a general network issue in Newton Leys, where I live in Milton Keynes, but recently my data connection is running in single-digit KBs, not MBs!!! I have tried rebooting my phone but to no avail, so it is certainly a network issue. I have a 5G phone and it shows 4G+ connectivity.....Really; I don't think so. So, Smarty, can you please get your network engineers in your NOC to investigate and fix the issue? Otherwise, I will have to switch to another provider that provides decent data connectivity in this area.

5 REPLIES 5

jonnyphone
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

I've found the connection to be quite good around Milton Keynes on SMARTY, certainly better than EE! all the trees don't help though.

Three have install a new 5G pole in Water Eaton (as you enter Bletchley from Stoke Road), which will cover Newton Leys when activated. It could be testing/installation of this pole is currently impacting service in that area. 

The other mast you may be picking up service ins the one leaving far Bletchley towards newton longville, which might have an issue (near the access area for East West Rail). This one has 5G on it.

It is still terrible, so don't think it's a mast upgrade issue. Just poor capacity and coverage.

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Have you checked for network faults at your location @MarkWade_210225

Do this online using the Three (UK) Network Status Checker.

Tricia_TD
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Same here in the northeast of Scotland, from Dundee up to Aberdeen, for at least 4 weeks now! I understand that it's Three who are upgrading to 5G, from what I've heard, but it's not on to leave so many customers without mobile data for so long.

Regretfully, I'm leaving Smarty because of this issue, which is a pity, but it's no good to anyone if they can't provide a service.

Could the same thing happen with your new provider, once they too turn off their 3G network and add 5G capability in more areas?