Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data add on not working

SharonD_1309696
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Do I have to activate an add on.  
I bought a 1gb add on this morning 

It shows on my account. but I am not able to use it.

do I need to activate it somehow?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks yes I do have an active account, the add on took 24 hours to activate for some reason however. It’s working now.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

No, no need to activate it.

Do you still have some data left in your normal plan, which would be used before the data in an add on ?

Do you have coverage / signal where you are ?

Are you at home or abroad ? If abroad, the APN in your phone will need to be set to ‘mob.asm.net’ 

Instructions on how to the APN for both iOS and Android are pinned at the top of the Chats and Hacks” section of this forum 

Thanks, add on took 24 hours to activate for some reason, haven’t changed anything but it’s working now.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@SharonD_1309696 Are you roaming or in the UK? If you are EU roaming, and have used more than 12Gb of data, you would also need an EU Roaming Data Pass for one or three days. Please take a look at the Price guide: https://cdn.smarty.co.uk/files/SMARTY-Price-Guide.pdf

In the UK. Add on took 24 hours to activate for some reason but it’s working now thanks.

JodieC
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey @SharonD_1309696 

Some great answers from @MSF  & @JJP2!

It is also worth mentioning that you need to have an active account to use the add-on! If you have purchased an add-on and not renewed your plan, the add-on will not work. Please ensure your monthly package is renewed before using any purchased add-ons! 

I hope this helps 😊

Thanks yes I do have an active account, the add on took 24 hours to activate for some reason however. It’s working now.

@SharonD_1309696  Just wondering if it's possible that your bank took a while to clear the funds for some reason?

This is absolutely ridiculous;  Surely the whole purpose of buying add-on data is because of the very fact that you have run out of it.  Why bother if your monthly contract as already since been renewed 

I have had exactly the same problem.  Having fun out of data and having since had to purchase an add-on, but can I hell as like get it to work?

Anybody else had the same problem?  Any ideas?

Regards, Anne.

My old post above from back in August 2023, some of which, regarding travel abroad, may not be relevant in your case.

No, no need to activate it.

Do you still have some data left in your normal plan, which would be used before the data in an add on ?

Do you have coverage / signal where you are ?

Are you at home or abroad ? If abroad, the APN in your phone will need to be set to ‘mob.asm.net’ 

Instructions on how to the APN for both iOS and Android are pinned at the top of the Chats and Hacks” section of this forum ”

At least the add on doesn’t expire. 

TimHigh_2676498
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have bought 2 lots of addons, both no obvious place to click activate. 1 has apparently expired, one shows 20 Gb left and no way to activate. Data plan does not restart for 10 days.

This is ridiculous - Smarty taking money but not providing data - most normal providers would have ability to start next plan early, or at least have an activate button or something.

Help is simply auto responders asking "how did we do" - they have given no help whatsoever.

Smarty Add On’s Never expire. 

They also kick in automatically.

See here :

https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/982374-our-add-ons 

Also, read this thread.