cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete inability of SMARTY to transfer my old number..?!?!

SamHarv_2307470
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Is anybody else stranded with new SIM but old phone number not yet transferred…? Have raised as issue and told it’s been ‘elevated’ but no phone number to call…no ability to chase it up!!!

11 REPLIES 11

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Could be problems with the network you are porting from. 

Is it LycaMobile by any chance ? They had a cyberattack on 30th September, which they didn’t announce until 6th October. This has caused problems for people porting from them to other networks. 

Nothing to do with Lycamobile. It’s being ported from Vodaphone. 

No it's 02.

RajniRu_2328505
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

@SamHarv_2307470 My phone number was supposed to transfer but hasn't yet happened.

I believe a complain with Ofcom is necessary. There are too many cases where Smarty didn't complete the switch properly and now stuck in the middle. Mine was a move from giffgaff.

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Have you both followed the process below ?

This is the Smarty community forum, populated by Smarty customers. 

As we do not of course have access to your account, you would need to go back to Smarty to rectify whatever the problem may be.

Did you request a PAC code to transfer your number, or a STAC code, which terminates your old number ?

Even if you requested a PAC code, the number transfer will take one or two business days, depending on when you gave Smarty your PAC code, as number porting does not happen on weekends, only between Monday to Friday.

If you give your new network your PAC code between 09.00 - 17.00 on a weekday, your number will transfer within 1 or 2 business days.

If you give your new network your PAC code after 17.00, you are deemed to have given them the PAC code the following working day. 

For example, give your new network your PAC code at 19.00 hours on a Friday evening, you are deemed to have given them the PAC code on a Monday. 

Remember, numbers do not port at weekends, only during the working week, Monday to Friday.

PAC code : Porting Authority Code, which transfers your number between your old and new networks. 

STAC Code : Service Termination Authority Code, which terminates your old number and gives you a brand new number on your new network.

Thanks but not very helpful. 
- yes I had a PAC code from previous provider. 
- I’m also perfectly well aware that any business is not going to guarantee processes across weekends of bank holidays (even though a vast amount of this stuff is automated and this virtually unaffected by ‘weekend’ days). 

SMARTY are now three days late porting, are blaming Vodaphone (which is none sense - it’s the new providers role to make all requests from old provider in timely fashion)…and failing to provide meaningful or coherent updates via the “chat” function. Instead they are just repeating bland platitudes about it being ‘in process’ or ‘having been escalated’. 
Its’s just shoddy customer service. 

KevinJa_2723751
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Yes having same problem . Its been nearly 3 weeks now. Each time they put the date back.

@KevinJa_2723751  Without giving a reason? Perhaps raise a complaint if you cannot get a sensible answer.

Hi Kevin,

Can you please speak to our webchat team who can look into this further. https://smarty.co.uk/contact - Natalie 

Your Webchat Team in India are the problem. They have no idea what they are doing, they refuse to escalate anything properly or raise a complaint. I am now stuck with a phone that doesn't work properly and hasn't done since Thursday and instead of escalating it to your Porting Team, they want me to have no phone for 5 days whilst they waste time ordering a new SIM which is not the problem. 

@Christi_2749849  Your are not writing to Smarty here. This is the community forum and we are members like you.

You can raise a complaint yourself: https://smarty.co.uk/complaints