cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change name of a user within a group plan

Chatterbox84
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hello, I have added my son to our group plan but when his Smarty account was initially created we used my name (he was the set up before anyone else), so we now have 2 users under our group of 8 users with the same name, albeit different phone numbers. Is there a way I can change 'my' name to his to make the users easier to identify? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WelshPaul
SMARTY Centurion
SMARTY Centurion

I had to register my son’s SMARTY account under my name because if memory serves me right, he couldn’t register as he was under 13 at the time. Only way around it is to port out and port back using their own details to setup a new account.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

You should be able to give your group members a nickname @Chatterbox84

There's more about nicknames online at What is a Nickname SIM?

thank you - that's for new SIMs purchased though I think, I can't change it after it would seem? 🤔

Ah yes, sorry. 
Seems using a nickname for your group members is currently somewhat limited in scope.

Probably worth a web chat with support team. It may require your son to log into his account and then request such a change

I've tried both and was told it wasn't possible - which seems utter madness!

AB
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

Once you register a name on account not possible to change

WelshPaul
SMARTY Centurion
SMARTY Centurion

I had to register my son’s SMARTY account under my name because if memory serves me right, he couldn’t register as he was under 13 at the time. Only way around it is to port out and port back using their own details to setup a new account.

that must be exactly why I've got it set up in my name, makes complete sense. I suspected that might be the only solution, ah well! 

Rayne
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi all, I guess i found the right thread, ☹️ as my numbers/names in group are not synced. i guess i'll have to port them somewhere else now 😕

@Rayne  If you form a group, you should be able to see the members of that group in your Dashboard.

Not quite sure what you mean by 'synced'. If something has gone wrong, why not web chat with Support team to see if they can sort it out for you before you decide to port numbers out elsewhere.

It seems absoloute madness that you cant change the @nickname@ of the user in the group account? weird.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

I'm just wondering whether it would be possible to remove the person from the group and then re-invite them with whatever name you choose.

CAVEAT: I have not tried this so I don't know if it definitely works, so perhaps someone can throw light on this.

DavidFo_2080453
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

This is similar to my problem too and before I add another to the group I'd really like to get the group "admin" all to me first and then let me control group members. I can't even remove myself from the group at the moment as it says no account? Would really appreciate the correct way to reset the group without having to leave then come back 🤞