cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive calls or texts on ported number

EstaVS
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

It’s been 2 weeks, I cannot receive any calls or texts from anyone but I can make them. When someone tries to call me they get “this number is not recognised.

I’ve had a chat open with customer service the entire time and I’ve done everything they’ve suggested. Getting a new sim, trying the sim in a different device, resetting network settings etc

Nothing has worked and I feel it’s not being taken seriously as they just come back and suggest the exact same solutions time and time again.

I have not gotten what I paid for and I am locked out of my online banking, the NHS website etc because I don’t receive multi-factor authentication codes

15 REPLIES 15

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@EstaVS  This sounds a bit worrying. On your account dashboard, does your real number show, or is it the number that was allocated to the sim when you first activated it?

The fact that you can make calls shows that the sim is activated and that you have an active Smarty plan.

If people cannot reach you, this sounds like the port process may not have worked smoothly.

Did you go through the porting process to transfer your number to Smarty? Did you get a message saying that it had been successful? If so, you need to raise a complaint with smarty via the website.

EstaVS
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My SMARTY dashboard displays my number yes. I got an email from smarty saying my number had been ported successfully, I’m worried that I needed to do something with my previous service provider? They provided me the PAC code but nothing else.

I will raise a complaint with SMARTY. Thanks for your help, please keep me posted if you have any more advice.

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Hey @MSF does this sound like a ‘split port’ that @EstaVS is experiencing to you ?

Maybe one of the forum mods like @Rebekah_150 can help ?

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@JJP2  Assuming that the OP has actually ordered a port by using the PAC code, then I do thin kit may well be a split port.

The concerning thing to me is that the Support Team have allegedly not seen that as an immediate possibility given the time span and dun summink abaht it.

jassingh
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

It seems that issues with split ports take longer to resolve due to the back and forth between networks (source: "split port trustpilot"), but 2 weeks seems like a long time! The number needs to be fully released from the previous network - currently it sounds as though it's going through the old providers infra. 

@jassingh Exactly! That's why I asked the OP in my first reply about whether they had followed the port process and been given confirmation. We must wait and see what they say.

EstaVS
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I did use a PAC code issued by my previous service provider yes.

EstaVS
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

@MSF @jassingh @JJP2 

The complaints team have reached the same conclusion, it’s likely an incomplete port issue.

3 weeks in now and it’s still broken.

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Based on others who have experienced an incomplete / split port, then the porting process needs to be re-started to overcome the issue. If the complaints team are not already doing this for you, request that they re-start the porting process from the beginning for you.

Which network were you porting in to Smarty from ? People porting from PlusNet seem to be heavily affected by split ports.

SteveGo_2264962
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I had exactly the same issue to after porting over from EE.  I spoke to Kiran on Chat who was brilliant.  You need to get them to reset your voicemail.  People trying to call me were going to my ee voicemail!  txts I simply didnt get at all.  After he reset my voicemail evething was back working as it should.

SteveGo_2264962
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I had exactly the same issue to after porting over from EE.  I spoke to Kiran on Chat who was brilliant.  You need to get them to reset your voicemail.  People trying to call me were going to my ee voicemail!  txts I simply didnt get at all.  After he reset my voicemail evething was back working as it should.

I’ll prompt my customer support agent to try that, thanks for the suggestion!

EstaVS
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

@SteveGo_2264962 
Resetting voicemail did not seem to work unfortunately.

LukaszM_2315548
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

having similar issue. not receiving text messages , notification texts, text from banks to confirm the codes. transfered from ee 2 weeks ago. can you help?

Hi @LukaszM_2315548 please get in touch with our team smarty.co.uk/contact who can support you with this.