Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Area congested, Engineers aware and trying to fix

DanielR_2425009
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

New SMARTY customer, not a good start at all with awful 4g speeds 

Ported over my number today 4th December, put the Smarty sim in, first thing i noticed was only showing 4G when my previous network I would be on 4G +. So i did a speed test got, 7.91 Mbps down 0.30 up which is awful also did a speed test in another room got even worse 2.11 Mbps 0.34, with my previous network getting over 40Mbps. 

Not a good start not very happy so chatted to Smarty, I was told: 

"Checked the network in your area and it is congested. Engineers are aware and trying to fix it ASAP. Being super busy means you may experience call or data connection issues. Just too many users connecting to the same mast. This will be fixed as soon as possible by 9/12. As there is congestion due to which you are unable to get 4G+, in future you shall get 4G+ with good speed"

I have reservations about this, how can this be fixed if down to congestion would it not always be like this.

Could anyone clear up what could be done to rectify this? seriosuly thinking have made a mistake joining Smarty thought would be good. 

2 REPLIES 2

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

I'd doubt you'll get a 4G+ service before 2025 @DanielR_2425009, which assumes that Three UK manage to complete switch-off of their 3G mobile network infrastructure on-time.

DanielR_2425009
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Anyone with info on this? Have I been told the truth 

To Chalkychap, why would I not get 4g+ was customer service rep not telling truth