Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone upgraded to iOS 17 yet ?

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

If so, what do you think ?

I am in the cinema, so plan to download iOS 17 later.

6 REPLIES 6

WelshPaul
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Nope! I intend on waiting until the release of 17.1.

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Having upgraded to iOS 17 and Watch OS 10 last night, everything is fine. 

jassingh
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@JJP2 I've been using the Beta versions on an iPhone XR (last version for it ๐Ÿ˜ฑ) in order to test our company's apps (I work as a QA) ready for migration before it went public - so far so good everything does work. I'd say that the UI is probably starting to take a toll on the [XR's] hardware - new capabilities mean the older tech just isn't as slick - sometimes typing is a bit laggy, apps are delayed in launch etc. A sign of the time to get a newer iPhone I guess. 

I don't think I've come across any pant-wetting new features in this release, unless anyone has any that I should be aware of? (not been playing much with it apart from my new Pixel toy I bought a few days ago, dare I even mention this in a thread dedicated to iOS 17 lol ๐Ÿ˜ƒ)

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

So far, not noticed anything major really. There may be some radical new features, but I have not noticed them or used them yet. 

WelshPaul
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Well, I am glad I didn't rush to update. There are plenty of bugs. Before you jump on me, I'm not knocking Apple, every major OS update has its fair share of bugs.

That being said, iOS 17 doesn't bring much to the table for me. I would make use of the new StandBy feature for sure and the Live Voicemail feature would be fantastic too, but sadly, that's not available in the UK.

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

What are the plentiful bugs ? I am still yet to experience any issues