cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2 hour call limit

Tyrone
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The call cuts after 2 hours with everyone only on normal call. Any solutions?

11 REPLIES 11

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Tyrone Hang up and redial?

I can't see anything about maximum call duration, but why not web chat the Support Team if it is an inconvenience.

Personally, I don't know anyone I would want to talk to for that long (or who would talk to me) - any my hand would go numb holding the phone anyway!

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

I would agree @MSF 

Playing devilโ€™s advocate, I wonder if @Tyrone is using his Smarty service for business purposes, which would of course contravene Smartyโ€™s T&Cโ€™s, as it a service for personal use only.

Tyrone
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Unless you thinking speaking to my girlfriend is business? Cause she is the only person I call on a daily basis.

@Tyrone  As you will see further down in this thread, it appears to be a limit imposed by the parent company.

There's nothing to stop you ending the call and then dialling again - hopefully only a minor inconvenience.

WelshPaul
SMARTY Centurion
SMARTY Centurion

I can confirm that SMARTY does indeed have a maximum two-hour call limit at which point the call is dropped @Tyrone 

@WelshPaul  I couldn't find a reference to that when I looked - can you signpost us please?

jassingh
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@MSF It seems it is standard practice at most networks including at Three. 

This forum has a reply from someone at Three confirming the call duration to be 2hrs max and standard across all accounts: 
https://community.three.co.uk/t5/Network/calls-ending-at-two-hours-time-limit/td-p/9826 

Probs just the ways networks choose to monitor network usage like some have silent call detection etc

WelshPaul
SMARTY Centurion
SMARTY Centurion

I know this because I have had several calls terminated exactly at the 2 hour mark over the 18 months or so I have been with SMARTY (while talking to my sister). It's no big deal, I simply redial and I'm good. Before you ask, NO! I am not using my SIM for business use. Just because it's unusual for @JJP2 or yourself to talk on the phone doesn't make doing so "business use" for everyone else who does. Only the other day I was waiting over an hour in a queue to speak to HMRC. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

FYI - Three, O2 and EE have a two hour call limit too. Vodafone used to have a three hour call limit.

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Fair point, and in fairness to @MSF it was me who mentioned business use, not him. Any brickbats should come my way, not his. Yes, to be honest, a 2 hour call did make me think it was for business use, but again, it was only me that mentioned that, not @MSF 

@WelshPaul Only joking, honestly!! Occasionally manage up to an hour with family members we don't see very often due to distance, but that is about as long as I can take without lying down in a darkened room for a while.

Seriously no offence intended.

WelshPaul
SMARTY Centurion
SMARTY Centurion

LOL, my sister can talk! It's rare we speak though. Maybe twice a year and that's probably why we both go on and on for a couple of hours. Anyway, I wasn't trying to be argumentative with you or @JJP2. I was just pointing out that some people do make long calls occasionally and that doing so, doesn't make it "business use".

I apologise for any offence caused. ๐Ÿ˜Š