cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Router forwarding number

MarkEmm_1879377
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

OK, not sure if this is possible, I have a good data sim in my phone, I wanted to put this in my camper router, works fine, but obviously I miss phone calls and texts, is there a way to forward those to let's say a basic sim plan number, can't just use hot-spot as the signal isn't as good as a van ariel, thanks for any help/suggestions 

1 REPLY 1

SmartyTrousers
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

You can set all incoming calls to be forwarded to another number by temporarily putting the SIM back into your phone and switching on call forwarding. The forwarding is set on the network side, you just need the SIM temporarily in a phone to enable it.

Incoming text messages will not be forwarded, although mobile broadband routers normally allow you to log in to a web interface for reading/sending SMS, if that's any good to you.

However, if you were going to go the route of getting an additional SIM to forward the calls to from your current SIM, why not just keep your current SIM in the phone and get an additional SIM for the router? Then there would be no need for any forwarding.