cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

smarty support

Neilrlu-329746
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Ive just spent an hour on chat. i tried to tell the guy that myself and 17 other smarty users in my marina, have internet at 1 -2 mps and continual mobile data outages over the last 3 days. he just wanted to take the sim out.

why dont they listen! if more than a couple of people have issues then its them not my phone, also, i have 2 other smarty sims and they both have the same problem. dropping and no band width.

The support guy the got the ache becasuse i wouldnt say problem was resolves...its not. his last post was

"I do understand your concern, I checked the network in your area and it's congested. Engineers are aware and trying to fix it ASAP. Being super busy means you may experience call or data connection issues. Just too many users connecting to the same mast."

after an hour..i dont believe him.  smarty has been great for years, loathed to leave, but if this isnt a glitch

3 REPLIES 3

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Neilrlu-329746  I do wonder if most of the problem is due to the fact that Smarty don't run the network they use. If 3 are dragging their heels, there's not a lot that smarty can do because they are a subsidiary of the same company.

If the network is indeed congested as he says, I don't really understand how the engineers can sort it out in the short term without some sort of upgrade to the equipment to 'beef it up'.

Spot on @MSF 

Also, stating the obvious, a marina means boats, lots of lovely craft that have GPS, radar, radios, etc and also presumably lots of metal causing the faraday cage effect. 

I donโ€™t know of course, but wouldnโ€™t be at all surprised if the boats and their communication decides plus fixtures and fittings are degrading the signal / coverage for @Neilrlu-329746 , and wonder if people on other networks are experiencing the same issues, network congestion not withstanding. 

Hi thanks for your reply, all valid points, my gripe was about support not listening,

i have been a smarty customer since they started, as a network engineer i have a decent system.  17 other people iin the villiage and marina all had same problem. my 25mbs usual speed, dropped to either no service phone or internet  or 0.7 - 2mps but only lasting a few seconds

i rang support to let them know they had a problem their side only to get someone who didnt listen and seemed to be rearing from a prepared script.

so frustrating and yes your right, water, clouds, metal surfaces all detract signal and boats are like a faraday cage, but all easily worked round.

I like smarty its a good service. but sadly lacks decent support