Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SMARTY Summary] Community - April 2022

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

Featured_Post_Noticeboard@1x.png

Hello SMARTY Community,

We launched our community in December 2022, and in the past 5 months we have seen it grow dramatically.

With this in mind, we’ve decided to introduce a regular summary that would give the community some insight into forum feature updates, popular topics, top contributors and more.

In our first SMARTY Community Summary we would like to acknowledge and thank our Top Contributors - community members who have passion for helping others, who give their time and knowledge to answer questions and make the SMARTY Community a rewarding place to be.

Special Thanks go to @MSF  and @Chalkychap , who are going above and beyond answering questions from other community members. They have authored 90 Accepted Solutions and answered hundreds of messages on the community so far, which is brilliant and precisely what this community is for.

Honourable mentions go to @WelshPaul , @AlecEdworthy , @Michael_T , @leedorney , @Wardysays .

Thank you all for being here, thank you for contributing to SMARTY Community!

YulianK • SMARTY Community Manager

P.S. Please keep an eye out for our next summary, where we will take a closer look at the updates to Community Activity component that will go live in the near future.

7 REPLIES 7

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Many thanks for the mention @YulianK . Always happy to try to help.

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager

You are most welcome👍

leedorney
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

This place seems more 'direct' no social discussions, you just get the assistance you need in network matters rather than matters that aren't related to anything else, well that's how I use it. I'm not telecom engineer or mobile phone expert but if I can give some help, that will help then no probs 👍

Michael_T
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

Thanks for the mention here @YulianK !

I’m pleased if my own questions have helped other SMARTY customers, like myself, in the Community.   

Decembersangel
SMARTY Spark
SMARTY Spark

From experience, I know Community pages for service providers are a great place to interact with other customers. I've had great involvement in the ones I am part of and with some great advice received but also acknowledgment that my experiences were not isolated. My only problem with this Community page is that it was almost impossible to 'verify' my email so that I could join in 😡 I replied to posts and got the 'you need to verify your email address' message but when the link was clicked on I didn't get the verification email! This happened for 6 weeks! It was only by chance I happened to get one (of the many requested verification emails) and was able to join in this page 😤 ALSO you CANNOT verify your email via 'My settings' as the email tab doesn't show up (unlike when you click on the link in the email verification message)! 

The 'verification' message when you try to post/reply....

Decembersangel_1-1683413695378v2.png

What you see when you click on this link

Decembersangel_2-1683413758727.png

And the verification email request

Decembersangel_3-1683413822186.png

What you see when you try to verify your email via 'My settings'

Decembersangel_4-1683413978170.png

You can't see the 'email' tab!

It shouldn't be THIS difficult to join a Community page!!

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager

Hi @Decembersangel , thank you for your feedback!

You can only verify your account via verification email that should be arriving at your registered email inbox, however, we are aware of some cases when it was classified as spam/junk, and was difficult to find.

We are looking to improve this journey to avoid extra steps and make it easier.

Thanks @YulianK 

I DID try, on MANY occasions, to verify my email but whenever I clicked on the 'send me the confirmation email' I never received it and I checked the spam/junk folders in both Outlook and also online each time and it was never there. I don't know what changed but one week, all of a sudden, a verification email appeared in my Inbox and I don't know why that time was any different from others🤔 This definitely needs looking at as I'm sure I'm not the only SMARTY customer that tried to join this Community page but couldn't and unlike me they have given up even trying.