Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worrying Internet speed?

McG
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hello everyone 👋🏻 

Just activated my SIM, used to be with Vodafone. Currently waiting on my mobile number transferring... But in the meantime I ran my first speed test. Please see the attached screenshot. 

This is very worrying... Please tell me this isn't Smarty, and something happens to be wrong at the moment?!?!

Thanks! 

Screenshot_20230417_160643_Speedtest.jpg

15 REPLIES 15

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Here's a couple of my recent "speedtest.net" results on the SMARTY mobile network @McG.

Chalkychap_0-1681744719560.pngChalkychap_1-1681744747523.png

McG
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I want this! I'll give it a few more tests once my number transfers. Thanks for the reply, I hope my test was some weird bad fluke! 

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

I'd suggest checking for network faults (at your location) if you're getting what you consider to be awful results.

You can do this online at https://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support, using your postcode @McG

McG
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

No outages but thank you for the link! 

WelshPaul
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

IMG_0664.png

Happy with my result. 

McG
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Wow, where is this?! 

WelshPaul
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Swansea... SA1

Time is visible in the screenshot and the date is as per dated on my post.

AlecEdworthy
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

Certainly not my experience of SMARTY 5G. Would you be willing to share your rough location at the time (eg town, city etc) so others could comment on their local experience?

Beside Wembley Stadium 🏟 

Barnstaple, N Devon.

AlecEdworthy
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

Most of my testing so far is in/around Loughborough, Leicestershire.  Just done a test from my workplace (LE11 3GR) and got this:

IMG_9983.PNG

ALT: 439Mbps down, 7.71Mbps up 

While the upload might not be as good as you'd hope the download is more than sufficient I'd say.  My (wired Ethernet) desktop device gets about 850Mbps symmetric to the same test node.

PaulMil_1983877
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Screenshot_20230419_005644_Chrome.jpg

 I have no problems with speed

I suspect most people are in our position of having no issues (where there's good coverage). The OP did their speed test near Wembley Stadium, I've never been there but I know when I was at Twickenham for an event there was excellent signal and no data due to the sheer number of people there. Probably unrelated but 🤷

I did another test. It looks like being indoors is quite problematic, but outside can ve very good (it varies, this is the best test). 

Screenshot_20230419_095312_Chrome.jpg

AlecEdworthy
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

Yikes!  What are your walls made of?  Got plenty of lead lining 🤣