Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's going on?

MrRee
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi all

Hoping you can help

I was with PLUSNET MOBILE and LEBARA - I have 2 SIMS as the Plusnet coverage was bad at my home address (uses EE) - Lebara uses Vodafone and great signal at home address .... very pleased with Lebara.

Plusnet Mobile told me to leave as they are closing their mobile operation, so I looked around and chose SMARTY - using the THREE network.

I chose to use my PAC on the Smarty SIM - probably a very bad move as the coverage at my home address isn't good.

Anyway, went through the hoops and Smarty say my phone number has moved across - when that number is rung the phone responds - BUT - the SIM is still showing the old number attached to the SIM, is that right?

When I had both Plusnet and Lebara SIMs in my phone they would both show the signal strength of each so that I could easily see what SIM to use - when I select Lebara SIM then the Smarty SIM shows as "Emergency calls only" which is bonkers .... it should show the signal strength available on that SIM even though it's not selected (like my Plusnet SIM would).

Currently disappointed with the Smarty SIM choice - any help out there please?

4 REPLIES 4

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@MrRee  I do wonder if your phone is 'hanging on' to the original number that was allocated to the smarty sim.

You should be able to change this to your real number in the phone settings. From what I read, it seems that this is not uncommon.

MrRee
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I can change the name SMARTY to something else, but not the number it seems?

Thank you for your reply 🙂

WelshPaul
SMARTY Centurion
SMARTY Centurion

@MrRee wrote:

BUT - the SIM is still showing the old number attached to the SIM, is that right?

The number programmed on the SIM which is displayed under the settings about info will always show the temporary number, even after porting over your number. Very few networks update this information! However, you can change this yourself on iOS and some Android devices (Oppo for example).

@MrRee wrote:

When I had both Plusnet and Lebara SIMs in my phone they would both show the signal strength of each so that I could easily see what SIM to use - when I select Lebara SIM then the Smarty SIM shows as "Emergency calls only" which is bonkers .... it should show the signal strength available on that SIM even though it's not selected (like my Plusnet SIM would).

What handset are you using?

Hi thanks for replies - I'm using a HONOR 9LITE

The most annoying thing is if I select SIM2 ( LEBARA ) - the Smarty SIM1 seems to disconnect even though they are both active on the phone (both made active) .... I receive no texts and the phone won't ring on the Smarty SIM.

When I had the Plusnet SIM - both SIMS would respond to texts and calls on their respective numbers.

I'm seriously unimpressed with the Smarty SIM.