cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Voicemail

Naz-Mo
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Does smarty have they own voicemail instead of recording your own?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

JJP2RidesAgain
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

If I Recall Correctly ,  your only option would be to record silence if you did not want to use your name or voice, you can do this by dialling 123. 

You could just record your name and leave the actual voicemail greeting to the standard Smarty greeting, but if you donโ€™t want to record your name when prompted, stay quiet and silence will of course be recorded.

Play around and see what you can do.

I've recently tried the silence route when setting up voicemail for the first time. And it doesn't work.it will give you a couple of attempts and then kick you off the line. So you can't then progress to the next stage of setting up the voicemail. I mean why do you have to say your name. People can't stand this. To many scammers out there I'm the ethos now collecting everyone's name now. Can't smarty just let you use a default message. Makes sense right.  I really think smarty are missing a trick here.

Maisy
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hello! 

I came on here to ask the same question but I have just figured it out. 

So if you try to record silence when asked to record your name, the system won't acknowledge it and says 'sorry your name could not be recorded', so to get round this I rubbed my microphone a little bit so that empty static sound was recorded. 

You are then given the option if you want to record a greeting or use the standard smarty greeting. If you choose the standed smarty greeting it will say "[random empty static sounds you've just recorded] is not available, please leave a message."

Hope this helps! I didn't want a cringey voicemail whereby I have to record my name either! 

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@Maisy Also possible to get someone else to record just your name (minimal information).

DION
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Not happy with having to record name. I get a lot of random calls and unless I know the number I never answer. Giving more info with a name is not a good idea.

I just used a bot to say my phone number and recorded that. If someone is calling me they already have my number so no harm done.