Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited mobile data while in France

NickRee_2605579
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hi guys,

I'm currently in France and would like to use my phone to stream TV in the evenings.

Can I pay for a 7 day unlimited data add on first at a cost of £10. 

And then pay for a 3 day pass to use all of the data (not just the 12G fair usage) at a cost of a further £7 ?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks MSF

As I couldn't find a way to obtain unlimited data while in France I have now purchased an e SIM that worked out far cheaper and gives me unlimited data for the duration of my trip.

As you had already guessed I was hoping to upgrade to unlimited UK data for 7 days and then to unlock this for 3 days at a time.

As I was informed this wasn't possible, I have found alternatives.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

SmartyTrousers
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

No, the £10 unlimited data add-on is only for use in the UK.

The 3 day pass for £7 is for use in the EU, so you can use that one as you intended to.

Thanks ST, 

When I run out of my remaining ballance how can I then top up to ensure I remain connected.

@NickRee_2605579 You can buy a specific EU Roaming Data Pass - take a look at the Price Guide for details 

@MSF @NickRee_2605579 Unfortunately it seems the only EU data passes are for unlocking one's full data allowance, and I'm not aware of a way to buy more roaming data once your data allowance is used up.

@SmartyTrousers  Yes, I had assumed that was what the OP was trying to achieve.

@NickRee_2605579  If you have an unlimited Smarty plan, you will be able to use 12Gb of data while EU Roaming. The EU Data Roaming Pass for 1 or 3 days then opens up the rest of your data to roam with for the relevant time.

Thanks MSF

As I couldn't find a way to obtain unlimited data while in France I have now purchased an e SIM that worked out far cheaper and gives me unlimited data for the duration of my trip.

As you had already guessed I was hoping to upgrade to unlimited UK data for 7 days and then to unlock this for 3 days at a time.

As I was informed this wasn't possible, I have found alternatives.

@NickRee_2605579 I suspect that you have found the best alternative here.

E-sims do seem to work out well - particularly outside the EU when roaming costs can be astronomical.