cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Message not received - TCL 30+

SandyDoh_124196
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Suddenly have stopped receiving texts, especially 2 step verification codes sent several times to check if received, which I have not. Cannot find reason why this is happening.  Tried various methods without success. Rest of phone seems to be working ok. Phone up to date, cleaned etc. Frustrating.   Thanks for your help.  

5 REPLIES 5

JJP2RidesAgain
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

This is the community forum. None of us work for Smarty, we are customers just like you. Smarty doesn’t support short codes, it’s this network’s Achilles heel :

https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/952515-are-all-texts-free-with-smarty-plans 

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@SandyDoh_124196  As @JJP2RidesAgain says, you need to check the number that those texts come from. Some organisations use short code texts and Smarty doesn't support that system. There have been many posts in the past about this issue but the company has not changed anything yet.

If it is vital that you are able to receive those short code texts, unfortunately you have no option but to change to another network that does support the system.

Hi

Many thanks for your help - appreciated.  Had no problems with other companies that required a verification code or proof of access except now and only with Amazon from whom I require a (2 step) verification code which I am not receiving to access my account/order   Take care

@SandyDoh_124196  A quick search of Google suggests to me that amazon do in fact use short code number for texts and this may be the problem. Not everybody sends verification codes via short code (fortunately)

Decembersangel
SMARTY Spark
SMARTY Spark

HI @SandyDoh_124196 👋
Does Amazon not give you the choice to have the (2 step) verification code sent to your e-mail address 🤔 as many sites have this option?
Just a thought 😁