Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling with smarty in istanbul

Nichola_1557371
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Any help with using my Smarty sim in Istanbul would be appreciated

Basically it won’t work, tried help desk, not much use which is hugely disappointing 

4 REPLIES 4

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Nichola_1557371 You haven't given us much info here.

Frstly, did you change phone settings as per instructions?

Secondly, do you realise that you need credit to pay for all usage as you are not. roaming in the EU? (Prices for calls/texts/data are shown in Price Guide)

Thirdly, if you have dealt with the first and second points, have you tried manual network selection on the phone to see if any of the available networks is better?

Just returned from a trip to Turkey and Greece, 

No problems in Greece but Turkey was a nightmare, cost me a load in "out of  plan" add ons with next to no benefits, comment please ( I tried different network selections per your suggestion above - useless) 

Whats your recommendation in future please ?

@Nichola_1557371  Recommendation for the future would be to either purchase a local PAYG sim or else try an E-sim if your phone accepts them.

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Okay @Nichola_1557371, Istanbul in Turkey is not one of the SMARTY Mobile inclusive EU roaming destinations.

This means you cannot use your UK plan allowances while roaming in Turkey.

Your options are limited to using a local (free) Wi-Fi network, unless you add some credit to your account for potential roaming charges, while in Turkey.