cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strong Mobile Router

MartCham9958
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have a Smarty SIM in my mobile router in my static caravan. Signal is good (4 bars) but drops now and then for a split second. My devices lose the connection and then don't have the Strong wifi available. I have to turn the router off & on again and once it booted up the Strong network is available on my devices. My devices are: Amazon firestick, tablet and phone. I'm having to do this 10-15 times per day..... Maddening!

Any ideas folks?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the answers, I'm going to try an outdoor aerial.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@MartCham9958 We have had this problem posted before. A static caravan has a metal frame - it is often referred to as a Faraday Cage - it tends to block electromagnetic signals and that may be a contributing factor.

Have you tried the setup outside the caravan? Also, have you checked both network coverage for the area and the network status? If you happen to be linked to a mast that can see a lot of congestion at times, this could also explain the signal dropping out.

Thanks for the answers, I'm going to try an outdoor aerial.

Hello

Did the outdoor aerial fix it, per chance?  If so, what router and what aerial do you have?

Three years ago my data service was excellent but it has slowly got worse, to the point that I am thinking of going elsewhere.  I am presuming that a 5G router can't magic signal out of thin air, and so a router plus external aerial is my last resort.