cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

STAC Not Working!!

OriahNeve
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I changed my mind, I don't want my old number I want and need the one that SMARTY gave me. I have done EVERYTHING that I was told to do multiple times NOTHING WORKS!!

What do I do?! Why can't we talk to anyone? Why is there no help for this?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@OriahNeve  Well, silly old me! I thought I would offer help to someone who wanted it.

Turns out you just wanted to rant. "OF COURSE' - really? So, how would I even guess that?

When someone asks for help, the obvious sensible place to signpost them is to the Help articles that were written specifically for that purpose.

If you NEED to be able to talk to people, then you will NEED to use a network that definitely offers you telephone help - assuming that they can then deal with your issue directly.

Plenty of fellow forum members who used to help out here have left recently - precisely due to episodes like this. 

So, here's what you could have politely written:

"Yes, thanks for that but I did read the article but it didn't seem to help. Do you have any other ideas?"

Please don't even bother replying to me - I'm done even trying to help. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@OriahNeve 

1. You can web chat with Smarty Support Team.

2. Smarty do not run telephone support as that would increase theist.

3. To be fair, I don't think that happens very often.

If you have not input a PAC code to bring the number across, your sim will keep the number that Smarty allocated when you activated it.

The STAC, as I understand, is for your old supplier to cancel service. Have you seen the help article?: https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/7019294-leaving-your-number-behind#h_75feb2765c

OriahNeve
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

OF COURSE I've been through the so-called 'help' articles! Thery're all COMPLETELY USELESS!! Hence my problems!

The fact that there's no way of actually talking to someone is a serious problem! It's bad service and discriminates against people who NEED to be able to talk to people!!

When someone asks for help don't fob them off with 'Help Articles.'

@OriahNeve  Well, silly old me! I thought I would offer help to someone who wanted it.

Turns out you just wanted to rant. "OF COURSE' - really? So, how would I even guess that?

When someone asks for help, the obvious sensible place to signpost them is to the Help articles that were written specifically for that purpose.

If you NEED to be able to talk to people, then you will NEED to use a network that definitely offers you telephone help - assuming that they can then deal with your issue directly.

Plenty of fellow forum members who used to help out here have left recently - precisely due to episodes like this. 

So, here's what you could have politely written:

"Yes, thanks for that but I did read the article but it didn't seem to help. Do you have any other ideas?"

Please don't even bother replying to me - I'm done even trying to help. 

Decembersangel
SMARTY Spark
SMARTY Spark

Oh dear @MSF ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜ค
'Another one of those' that ask for help and then throw a tantrum because they don't like the advice/help you give them!
DEEP breath @MSF ..... deep breath! ๐Ÿคฃ
ONE day your advice will be appreciated and a 'many thanks' given rather than ๐Ÿ–•
One day!!! ๐Ÿคฃ

WelshPaul
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Your post is vague... Reading between the lines - You have ported over your old number to your new SMARTY SIM but have changed your mind and want to restore the temporary number SMARTY originally assigned to you, CORRECT?

If the above is correct, you can't. However, you can request a completely new number. You will need to chat with support to obtain a new number, another way would be to start a new account and get a fresh sim - this would have a new number automatically.