cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim won’t work with iPhone

Stephen_2022198
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My daughter gave me her old iPhone 11 but it doesn’t seem to like my Smarty SIM. It says’ ‘the SIM you currently have installed in this phone is from a network provider that is not supported under the activation policy currently assigned by the activation server ….’ What can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Stephen_2022198 Sounds like the phone may be locked to a previous provider.

In that case, you would need to have it unlocked before using it with another network.You will need to approach that network first or else use one of the high street shops (check for a reliable one first).

It does sound odd - I thought that nobody bothered locking phones to networks these days, but probably I'm wrong.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Stephen_2022198 Sounds like the phone may be locked to a previous provider.

In that case, you would need to have it unlocked before using it with another network.You will need to approach that network first or else use one of the high street shops (check for a reliable one first).

It does sound odd - I thought that nobody bothered locking phones to networks these days, but probably I'm wrong.

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Thats what I thought, yet Voxi say that phones bought from them are indeed network locked. I guess other networks may have the same policy.

@Stephen_2022198 Remember the iPhone 11 is "only" 4G capable, not 5G.

Screenshot_20230608-185916_Chrome_1.jpg

JosHoyte_507983
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

its says my sim is locked please call network provider buy smarty is my provider and have been for the lastd 3 years 

@JosHoyte_507983 ....BUT....is the phone maybe locked?