cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sim not working

Abdulka_2232742
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The SIM is not working as it stated emergency calls even though I activated the SIM

6 REPLIES 6

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Have you checked your Smarty dashboard to check your SIM has actually activated ?

Have you bought a plan to pay for your service ?

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Abdulka_2232742  As @JJP2 says, your dashboard will tell if the sim is activated and it should also show any current plan you have purchased.

The other thing to check is local coverage to ensure that the area does have a signal normally. You then need to look at the network status checker to ensure no local mast problems.

The dashboard is OK as it indicated the plan and I don't think this is something to do with network area. But the issue or the problem is the SIM who is not working by standby Emergency call only. But please I want someone to help with.

Have you checked the SIM is inserted into your phone properly, have you switched the phone off and on again ?

What phone are you using ? If itโ€™s not a smartphone and doesnโ€™t have 3G, 4G or 5G connectivity, it wonโ€™t work with Smarty.

@Abdulka_2232742 If you are sure that the sim is active, the plan is active and there is no local mast issue, then firstly take out the sim and clean gently then reinsert it.

If that doesn't work, can you try it in another phone - perhaps a friend or family member.

If it still doesn't work, you can request a replacement sim via your dashboard. Your account will be suspended for security purposes until you activate that replacement.

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@Abdulka_2232742,

I hope you realise you are asking questions to the Smarty customers forum.

We are customers, just like you. We can only make suggestions that might help.

If the suggestions don't provide answers for you, contact a Smarty Agent, via Webchat.  They work for Smarty and will have access to your personal account details. They could be able to give answers we can't.